Responsible for all electrical services in the organization.
• Ensure Machine performance as per its standard operating procedure, enhancing performance and product quality.
• Ensure 95% machine capacity is being achieved at all times
• Have knowledge on how to operate all machines in production for the purposes of trouble shooting and training
MACHINE (ELECTRICAL) BREAKDOWNS:
• Ensure Timely Repairs if any to avoid production downtime.
• Execute the Preventative Maintenance (PM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out and lead the team to deliver within the timelines and within cost.
• Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure the smooth operation of the site and Schedule both internal and external work(s), maximizing planned downtime and reducing unplanned downtime. Perform root cause analysis and resolve machine issues.
• Develop clear accountability for Electrical materials spend combined with a strategy to manage the department’s expenditure.
• Maintain equipment logs through Job card with performance records, repairs calibrations etc.
• Continually find areas of utility saving especially power & equipment protection
PERFOMANCE MANAGEMENT DUTIES
• Send ROI to your HOD (Weekly Results, Objectives and Issues) by every Saturday.
• Participate in performance appraisals as per performance management plan and schedule.
• Execute energy survey and audit findings or other initiatives either self-driven or delegated
• Initiate continuous improvement projects including but not limited to process automation for maximum operational efficiencies
• Liaise with KPLC on all matters regarding billing, power outages, planned line maintenance, shutdowns etc.
• Implementing Engineering processes/ services in compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental standards as set by the company and Regulatory agencies
• Evaluating performance of service providers/ contractors and maintaining records as per job card
• Preparing and submitting maintenance reports
• Provide safe working environment for members of staff, and ensure electricity induced accidents and mishaps are prevented
• Train operators on simple diagnostic tools that reduce equipment and quality defects in a suitable manner.
• Adhere to clean and hygienic standards by keeping work stations clean.
• Execution of preventive, autonomous and Planned maintenance on all factory equipment, Power supply lines & Capacitor bank, standby generator, utilities and buildings
Skill & Experience
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 3 years