We are seeking to recruit a Stores Officer responsible for coordination of the daily operations of the store including inventory control and management in line with established procedures.
STORE OFFICER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receipt and Issuance of materials both physically and in the system both in Nairobi and other regions.
• Verification of reports from other regions and contractors before replenishing their stock.
• Dispatching materials to regions through Stock Transfer Order (STO) process.
• Inventory management: Plan and project Stores requirements and monitor efficient utilization.
• Assist in GMPS processing.
• Manage equipment recovery and disposal process and provide necessary reports.
• Maintain Asset Register.
• Ensure the stores are well kept and arranged.
• To check the supplies thoroughly for quality, quantity, specification, condition etc.
• To take appropriate action for care and preservation of the stock items .
• Periodical stock verification (Impromptu/Quarterly/Annually) and always ensure correctness of stock.
• Ensure the stores are well kept and arranged and maintain the neat and tidiness of all company stores.
• To pass Good received notes , Purchase invoice and other paperwork received from vendor and send this to Accounts department for payment.
• To maintain all stores documents up to date.
• Generate various reports and reconciliations and submit to concerned users .
• Maintaining re-order level reports and reviewing these with user departments on an ongoing basis.
• Receiving and solving complaints about the services or products received and issued.
• Any other duty assigned by the line manager from time to time.
STORE OFFICER ROLE QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, supply chain, inventory Management, procurement, or an equivalent field
• Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualification or other qualification in Stores/inventory management will be an added advantage.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a busy stores/inventory management department.
• Experience working in the Telecommunication industry will be a distinct advantage.
• Hands on experience working with a stores/inventory management software/ERP. Those with SAP experience have an added advantage.
Department: Finance & Accounts
Job Type: Full-Time