The Business Analyst is responsible for project ideation & planning, Process management and organizational change management.
The position requires the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive process improvement initiatives and effectively manage change to ensure successful implementation of Policies, Processes and Standard Operating Procedures across the Group.
• Conduct analysis of existing business processes to identify areas for improvement and recommend changes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
• Develop and maintain process documentation, including process flows, work instructions, and standard operating procedures.
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive process improvement initiatives and effectively manage change to ensure successful implementation.
• Support project justification through a business case and determine the potential benefits, costs, and risks of a project.
• Facilitate process improvement workshops to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities and develop action plans to address gaps.
• Provide support in developing and implementing change management plans to ensure successful adoption of process changes.
• Participate in the testing of new processes and systems to ensure that they meet business requirements.
• Provide regular reporting on process improvement initiatives, including progress, benefits, and lessons learned.
• Analyzing and evaluating potential solutions to determine their feasibility and impact on the business
• Monitoring and tracking benefits realization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
• Certification in CBAP, Lean Six Sigma, BPMN 2.0, PROSCI Change Management Practitioner is desirable.
• At least 3-5 years of experience in business analysis, business process management, and change management.
• Experience in System Implementations & Projects.
Skills and Competencies
• Commercial awareness
• Strong leadership skills
• Outstanding cross-functional coordination ability
• Ability to “constructively dissent”
• Cost-Centre management and budgeting
• Relationship management
• Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
• Understanding of the working environment /competitors
• Technical competence in Financial Services Industry operations