Job Ref. No. JLIL119
The role holder will be responsible for identifying new product opportunities, product planning and execution. Gathering and prioritizing Life products and customer requirements, defining the product vision, integration of backend/frontend
operations for all products before launch. The job holder will also be responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans for the Life company. The manager will work closely with all key stakeholders to ensure revenue and
customer satisfaction goals are met as well as assessing the product performance and develop long term plans for future product lines that support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
• Identify and define the product opportunities, develop its strategy and product roadmap.
• Drive the execution of the product lifecycle processes for all Life products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, requirements development and product launch.
• Prepare market requirement documents and product requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
• Plan for the company's product growth and address any related problems, risks and challenges.
• Analyze consumer needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships from an ROI and build vs. buy perspective.
• Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
• Constantly assess and review product performance and align to the overall company strategy.
• Developing and implementing company strategic plans, goals and initiatives, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures.
• Evaluating existing operations and current market trends to identify necessary improvements and capitalize on changes.
• Prepare regular strategy performance reports to the CEO and business unit heads.
• Boosting accountability and performance by developing, championing and tracking the company initiative performance management framework.
• Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of strategies and making adjustments as needed.
• Collaborating with other departments and teams to ensure alignment and implementation of strategies.
• Leverage new & emerging technologies to improve the organization’s strategy and product efficiency.
• Excellent oral, written and online communication skills.
• Presentation skills
• Organized, numerate, analytical.
• Business planning and tracking.
• Time management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Commerce, Statistics, or any other related field.
• Masters will be an added advantage.
• Diploma in Insurance/LOMA Qualification
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Product Development & Strategy Management