Finance Officer ( 1)
Location Machakos CHMT.
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be responsible for –
• Preparation of sub recipient Monthly Invoice and Expenditure reports.
• Preparation of Financial reports and ascertaining supporting documents for compliance with GAAPs, CFR and Donor Policies.
• Maintaining books of accounts, financial records and implementing policies and procedures for assigned donors.
• Monitoring expenditure and performance indicators for sub recipient against approved budget activities.
• Preforming Human resources management and payroll processing.
• Conduct financial site visits and document/report findings and recommendations
• Support both internal and external A-133 Audit and Business System Analysis.
• Performing other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have –
• A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance option), Business Management or Finance, Economics, Business Administration Plus Certified Public Accountant (CPA) K or Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA);
• Minimum of three years’ experience from a donor funded project.
• Knowledge of USG rules and regulations for donor funded projects.
• Demonstrate high understanding of finance and accounting policies and procedures.
• High level of integrity
• Computer proficiency with a good grasp of MS office
• Knowledge of Quick books QB is mandatory.