We currently have an exciting career opportunity for the role of Chief Agency Officer, Jubilee Life Insurance, Uganda.
The position holder will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
The role holder will supervise and coordinate all aspects of the Agency workstream. The role holder will develop strategies
and lead the initiative to further grow agency productivity, headcount, training, recruitment and culture. The role holder
will work within the Senior Leadership Team on how to further expand the organisation's market share in Uganda. The role
holder will be required to have expertise within core areas such as strategic planning, product management, leadership
development and distribution and will be a key driver in implementing strategy plans to maximise channel's productivity.
1. Translate strategy into actionable steps for growth, implementing department-wide goal setting, performance
management, and annual sales & operations planning.
2. Establish, implement, and communicate the strategic direction of the agency’s operational and sales goals,
collaborating with other divisions and departments.
3. Ensure that departmental decisions, project plans, and budgets such as those for staffing, development, and team
execution are aligned.
4. Ensure all department strategies are aligned to the Board approved budgets, ensuring optimal and efficient use of
resources within the Company.
5. Promote the use of industry leading trends and technologies.
6. Proactively partner with distribution leadership and external agencies to improve presence, solve challenges, and
gather the feedback to continually improve the customer experience driving critical value creation and competitive
differentiation in the marketplace.
1. Outline objectives in key target areas such as sales volume, market share, distribution channels and profit margins.
2. Collaborate with members of the Marketing team to penetrate key markets.
3. Define the approach for the overall sale of new business and account retention.
4. Develop a comprehensive sales and distribution strategy to maximise sales opportunities.
5. Direct the Agency Sales Team in generating proposals that define a clear path to client satisfaction and revenue growth.
6. Establish customer relationship management (CRM) systems and guidelines to manage customer relationships.
7. Foster relationships with new partners to achieve desired revenue.
8. Leverage innovations to maximise revenue of traditional and digital assets and products.
9. Promote positive relationships with major customers to understand their needs.
10. Provide advice when preparing bid documents and integrated proposals for key accounts.
11. Provide input on the sales incentive structure and key performance indicators to help monitor targets.
1. Developing sales & distribution policies that improve and promote performance, vision and culture.
2. Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce costs in order to support organizational goals.
3. Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems with the goal of improving the use of
resources and materials.
4. Implement risk management strategies to ensure that the risk carried by the Department is appropriate.
5. Develop and maintain productivity and quality standards through audit and other review mechanisms to ensure policy,
procedures, and objectives are carried out.
6. Leverage the advantages of bringing together operational expertise and drive through more efficient ways of working.
7. Coordinating the efforts of the different operational areas to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money.
8. Rebalancing resources between different areas e.g., reallocating headcount or budgets, but within overall approved
resources for the year.
9. Benchmarking productivity of the Company’s Agency Department against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity.
1. Ensure compliance to insurance related Statutory and regulatory requirements including Treating Customers Fairly,
Data Protection and Anti Money Laundering.
2. Ensure compliance to all company policies, regulatory and statutory reporting.
3. Ensure that compliance of the company's underwriting limits, policies and processes are adhered to.
Leadership and People
1. To provide the much-needed transformational leadership to meet and surpass the expectations of stakeholders.
2. Building relevant departmental capacity to deliver on strategy by leading, guiding, directing, and evaluating the work
of the team.
3. Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship while maintaining a
conducive work environment for attracting, retaining, and motivating employees.
4. Building the team and ensure adequate succession planning throughout the organization.
Jubilee Life Brand
Ensuring effective public relations and enhancing the company’s corporate image with all stakeholders and partners
Key Competencies and Skills
1. Visionary Leadership
2. Entrepreneur Spirit
3. Market Awareness
4. Customer Focus
5. Continuous Innovation
6. Ownership & Commitment
7. Team Spirit
1. Master’s in business administration, Strategy, Finance or any other related course
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Related fields
1. DIU/LOMA/ACII Qualification or equivalent
1. Minimum of 15 years of experience in Sales/Business Development.
2. Have experience in operating in complex business environments and/or regulated sectors and have the personal
qualities to develop strong stakeholder relationships.
3. Demonstrate ‘best in class’ knowledge of technology, change, process improvement and operational management
in relevant businesses.