Job Ref. No: JAML004
Position: Independent Financial Advisors (IFA)
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee
Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling
Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee
Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group
listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda
Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AAin Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
Jubilee Asset Management Limited (JAML) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Jubilee Holdings Limited, that focuses on providing
fund management and investment advisory products and services to institutional and retail clients. It is licensed and regulated by the
Capital Markets Authority (CMA).
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Independent Financial Advisors within Jubilee Asset Management Limited
(JAML). The position holder will report to the Manager - Retail Distribution and will be based at our Head Office in Nairobi.
To provide Professional Investment Advisory Services to our clients within the Retail, High Net worth & Institutional segments. The
successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing, retaining, and growing a client base by implementing financial planning solutions
in line with the client’s needs. The role holder will be required to be up to date with macro-economic trends, market developments as
well as monitoring corporate actions of listed companies.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Meeting clients to understand their financial objectives by selling & cross selling of all JAML Investment products and services.
2. Managing, maintaining, and building new and existing client relationships.
3. Preparing and presenting proposals to existing and potential clients
4. Provide direct sales support (quality lead generation and effective follow-up) to generate and convert quality leads into sales.
5. Participate in specific product campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
6. Adhering to compliance, operational procedures, and practice management standards.
7. Assists clients grow their investment portfolios by giving them the right advice on where to invest the money for maximum returns
while reducing risk.
8. Asks clients pertinent questions to understand their financial goals to advise them correctly on what investment options to take.
9. Complies with all regulatory requirements in offering advice to clients to avoid penalties from regulators.
10.Consistently achieving the allocated sales targets.
1. Prospecting skills
2. Personal Branding & Good communication skills
3. Social Selling & Negotiation skills
4. Virtual Selling Skills
5. Able to work independently
6. Relationship management and networking skills
7. Able to plan and manage time effectively
8. Strong negotiation skills are required.
9. Ability to understand economic and financial trends is a requirement.
10.Ability to work under pressure.
1. Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma/Certificate in relevant field.
2. Any Professional Certificate in Insurance or Investments will be an added advantage.
3. Investment industry knowledge Mandatory.
Minimum of 3 years’ sales experience in the Financial Services industry selling investment products or Insurance products.