Job Ref. No. JLIL148
Position: Senior Officer - Risk
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in
Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest
Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number
one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda,
Tanzania, Burundi, and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock
exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange.
Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in
Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Senior Officer - Risk, Jubilee Life Insurance Limited. The
position holder will report to the Regional Head - Risk and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The role holder will be responsible for integration and implementation of the risk strategy, policies, processes, and
reports. The role holder will provide oversight and ensure execution of the risk management framework including the
risk appetite statement, taxonomy, assessment, treatment, monitoring & reporting as well as communication and
training to the business.
1. Develop and maintain a risk management strategy for Jubilee Life Insurance Limited.
2. Develop and implement systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of risk
3. Carry out comprehensive risk assessments across the business & functional areas in line with the risk management
4. Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of controls established by management to ensure that identified risks are
appropriately mitigated at both departmental and process levels.
5. Maintain the risk registers and assist management in tracking progress on the implementation of risk mitigation
6. Evaluate whether department strategies and initiatives are adhered to and are aligned with group goals and
7. Coordinate the performance of strategic risk analysis by reviewing business processes in liaison with business
owners to identify potential risks.
8. Appraise the efficiency and effectiveness with which resources are deployed to ensure that they are put to the most
9. Participate in the formulation and review of risk management and control activities for products to ensure they
meet the set objectives and are worthwhile investments with a quantifiable return.
10. Review new and on-going products to ensure that they are carried out only after a comprehensive risk assessment
11. Facilitate awareness and training programs on risk management, controls and compliance activities.
12. Prepare reports for the Board Audit Committee.
1. Visionary Leadership
2. Entrepreneurial Spirit
3. Market Awareness
4. Customer Focus
5. Continuous Innovation
6. Ownership & Commitment
7. Team Spirit
1. Bachelor of Commerce in Finance or any other related field.
2. CPA – K Qualification
1. Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience.
2. Deep knowledge of the insurance industry will be an added advantage.