Job Ref. No: JHIL085
Position: Business Strategy Analyst
Terms: One (1) year contract
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubil ee
Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling
Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clie nts. Jubilee
Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group
listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda
Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA-
in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Business Strategy Analyst within Jubilee Health Insurance Limited.
The position holder will report to the Head of Product & Strategy and will be based at our Head Office in Nairobi.
As a Business Strategy Analyst, you will play a critical role in supporting the strategic planning and decision -making processes
within the organization. You will be responsible for analyzing and evaluating various aspects of the business. Through your i nsights
and recommendations, you will assist in shaping the company's direction, optimizing performance, and fostering a culture of
innovation and continuous improvement.
1. Conduct in-depth research and analysis of industry trends, market dynamics, and competitor activities to identify opportunities
2. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support in developing and refining the organization's strategic objectives and initiatives.
3. Monitor the progress of strategic projects and provide regular updates to the Head of Product & Strategy.
1. Evaluate existing business processes and workflows to identify areas for improvement and efficiency gains.
2. Support in developing and implementing performance metrics and KPIs to measure the success of operational initiatives.
3. Work closely with operational teams to streamline processes and enhance productivity.
4. Gather, organize, and analyze data from various sources to derive actionable insights.
5. Prepare comprehensive reports and presentations to communicate findings to stakeholders.
6. Provide data-driven recommendations to support strategic decision-making.
1. Analyze the current organizational culture and assess its alignment with the strategic goals.
2. Propose strategies to foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and agility.
3. Support change management efforts to ensure successful implementation of strategic initiatives.
4. Engaging in ongoing professional development activities to enhance knowledge and skills in actuarial, regulatory compliance, and
1. Business Acumen
2. Analytical skills
3. Leadership and influence
4. Problem solving
5. Strategic thinking
6. Market Awareness
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Finance, Economics, or a Business-related field.
Minimum of two (2) years’ relevant experience in a similar position.