We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Senior Investment Analyst, Jubilee Life Insurance Limited.
The position holder will report to the Senior Manager - Finance and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The role holder will be responsible for research, investment analysis and provision of relevant information and
recommendations on equity and fixed income investments. The role holder will also be required to be up to date with
macro-economic trends, market developments as well as monitoring corporate actions of listed companies.
• Provide insights and analysis to support the development of the life insurance division's investment plans and
• Investment Strategy: Collaborate with portfolio managers and senior executives to develop and refine investment
strategies. Assist in the development of asset allocation models and investment guidelines.
• Provide input on investment strategies, considering profitability, risk exposure, and market competitiveness.
• Collaborate with the investment team to analyze the financial impact of investment decisions on life insurance
reserves and profitability.
• Market and Industry Insights: Stay updated on global financial markets, economic developments, and industry
trends. Provide insights on macroeconomic factors that may impact investment decisions.
• Leverage new & emerging technologies to improve the organization’s operational efficiency.
• Investment Research: Conduct comprehensive research on various asset classes, industries, and individual
companies. Analyze financial statements, market trends, economic indicators, and other relevant data to
evaluate potential investment opportunities.
• Analyze the position of listed and unlisted companies within the investment universe.
• Projecting short and long-term macroeconomic forecasts for factors such as GDP, inflation, and interest rates, as
well as industry and company specific financial projections, with clearly identifiable performance drivers.
• Financial Modeling: Develop and maintain complex financial models to assess the potential returns, risks, and
valuation of investments. Utilize quantitative techniques and statistical analysis to support investment decisions.
• Due Diligence: Perform due diligence on potential investment opportunities, including conducting background
checks, evaluating management teams, and assessing legal and regulatory considerations.
• Portfolio Analysis: Analyze and evaluate the performance and composition of investment portfolios. Monitor
investment trends and make recommendations for portfolio adjustments based on market conditions and
Reporting & Relationship Management
• Investment Reporting: Prepare detailed investment reports and presentations for senior management and
stakeholders. Communicate investment recommendations and performance analysis effectively.
• Responsible for reporting to management investment committee while incorporating economic and market
overviews, portfolio valuation, performance, and strategy for the following quarter.
• Preparing strategy papers, investment recommendations and reports to the Board, CEO, and Investment
Committee working alongside with the fund managers.
• Actively manage relationships with the fund manager and other market participants.
• Annual review of the investment policy statements of the funds as well as development of investment policies for
• Compliance: Stay updated with insurance regulations and retirement benefit regulations and underwriting best
practices to ensure compliance with industry standards
• Adherence to the laws and regulations of Kenya, the policies and regulations within the insurance industry and all
internal company policies and procedures.
• Ensuring compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and establishing mitigation measures
against emerging business risks.
Leadership & Culture
• Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship while maintaining a
conducive work environment.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop initiatives that promote a positive and inclusive company
• Individualized Development Planning: Create personalized development plans that align with your career
aspirations and the organization's objectives.
• To provide the much-needed transformational leadership to meet and surpass the expectations of stakeholders.
• Good knowledge and understanding of the life insurance industry is essential.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in financial modeling and quantitative analysis.
• Excellent understanding of financial markets and investment concepts.
• Knowledge of various asset classes and investment instruments.
• Ability to interpret and communicate complex financial data.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in analysis.
• Effective communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Adaptability in a dynamic and fast-paced investment environment.
• Ethical and professional conduct.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Investment/Finance/Business Related fields
2. CFA Qualification or equivalent
• Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in Investments
• Have experience in operating in complex business environments and/or regulated sectors and have the personal
qualities to develop strong stakeholder relationships.
• Experience in financial planning, forecasting, financial analysis, and financial reporting within the insurance