Reporting to Director, Corporate Banking, the position carries full responsibility for the credit approval and risk management process in respect of Corporate banking portfolio by developing and maintaining co-operative relationships between all the contributors in the credit value chain. The main purpose is evaluation of counter-party credit risks associated with the bank’s Corporate lending activities with the primary objective to contain credit risk. This position is also responsible for Overall Corporate Banking customer service excellence. This position carries leadership responsibility for a team of Credit Origination Managers and Customer Service Managers.
• Evaluate and approve credit applications, considering structure, risk versus return, and risk mitigants.
• Make well-informed decisions within delegated sanctioning authority and provide recommendations for referred applications.
• Analyze credit applications to ensure alignment with the bank's credit appetite and profitability.
• Present applications to Credit Committee and/or delegated credit evaluators.
• Ensure compliance with lending policy guidelines and governance requirements.
• Implement and adopt Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering, and Sanctions requirements.
• Support Corporate business units in delivering world-class service to customers and negotiating deal structures.
• Manage risk in existing portfolio by measuring credit losses, sector concentration, and risk migration.
• Monitor and address changes in credit quality and industry risk profiles.
• Lead, Develop and Direct the Business Origination & Corporate Service Team to deliver the department’s financial and non-financial performance targets.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
• University Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Banking or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• A solid background in corporate credit, with a minimum of eight (8) years at decision making level, preferably with a track record of operating with a personal delegated authority in corporate environment.
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in the application of extensive credit management, preferably in a Corporate and Investment Banking environment
• Proven ability to understand holistic business, pricing, and capital management issues, with exposure to structured products environment a strong advantage.
• Experience in leading and developing diverse teams.
• 5 years' experience in management as a Senior Manager or Head of Department
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 22nd September 2023
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.