To coordinate security functions within the company premises, and carry out security investigative assignments whenever necessary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and implement efficient and effective security systems, plans and policies for the company in close liaison with the Head of HR & Administration.
2. Identify, develop and implement security risk management strategies for all Company premises and operations.
3. Responsible for ALL company security systems including CCTV, Alarms, Biometric systems and outsourced security providers supervision.
4. Plan and effectively supervise the work of both company and contracted security firm.
5. Establish and sustain close partnerships with internal company departments to develop a continuous comprehensive security risk management plan.
6. Conduct training/briefing on safety and security procedures to ensure personnel and visitors are familiar with and adhere to security guidelines and precautions.
7. Support law enforcement agencies while carrying out investigations on reported loss of company property and any other criminal offences.
8. Maintain security records and examine the gate registers to monitor traffic flow into and out of the Company premises.
9. Effectively ensure safe custody of all Company assets within Company premises, and to identify vulnerabilities and give security advisory.
10. Provide the outsourced Company security guards on-the-job training.
11. Develop and sustain close partnerships with external stakeholders i.e. Law enforcement, regulatory bodies and community leaders on intelligence sharing.
12. Prepare and submit monthly security reports and any other report that may be required from time to time.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Job holder must possess: –
• Diploma in Security Management or any other security related course
• Served for a minimum of three (3) years in reputable security firm or disciplined force with excellent discharge recommendation.
• KCSE Certificate with at least minimum C- (Minus)
• Professional courses in security management is an added advantage.
• A valid certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police is a must.
Competencies and attributes in the following areas
• Possess leadership skills in the development and implementation of a security management plan, security processes, policies and procedures.
• Familiarity with the use of high-tech security systems. Know-how in CCTV control rooms a must.
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills with the ability to document investigative steps and conclusions effectively, in a clear, concise and professional manner.
• Knowledge in computer applications.