Job Specifications :
• Minimum diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management, Logistics, operation management or 3 years of work experience in purchasing and knowledge in supply chain and logistics in a busy environment
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Good at multi – tasking.
• Good planning and organizational skills.
• Negotiating prices with suppliers.
• Ordering and buying from suppliers.
• Sourcing for new suppliers and/ or sub contractors.
• Producing purchase orders and sending them to the relevant suppliers.- Must check for accuracy, completeness and clarity of information before obtaining approval of the purchase order.
• Reviewing supplier terms and prices regularly.
• Ensuring timely delivery of goods to the company premises.
• Sending out RFQ’s to suppliers once a material request has been issued. Make a comprehensive spreadsheet for the said item with all details including product specification, price, brand, payment terms, lead time etc for the relevant authorities to make final decision on choice of supplier.
• Assist the procurement manager in maintaining current and up to date procurement documents and manuals.
• Maintaining petty cash and giving a total account of small purchases on a monthly basis.
• Coordinate with suppliers to confirm the right materials needed. Obtaining samples whenever necessary.
• Ensure all materials arriving in the premises have been registered accordingly in the stock system.
• Maintain records to ensure that procurement process, decision and agreements are accurately documented for accountability and ease of reference.
• Assist with research into alternative products that may prove to be more cost-efficient.
• Assist with the reconciliation of invoices against delivery notes and purchase orders.
• Opening supplier accounts in the system and documenting all relevant information.