Job Ref. No. JLIL099
Reporting directly to the Group CIO, the resource will be primarily in charge of the management and operations of the cloud infrastructure, data center and take responsibility for the physical security, on-going support, maintenance, performance and uptime of the regional cloud and data center facilities. The resource will also be responsible for vendor management and managing OLAs across the companies.
• Overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of managing cloud services including upgrades, system setup,
• system administration, monitoring, incident resolution, problem management, configuration and change
• management, service desk, capacity planning, availability management, disaster recovery and routine update of
• Drives the adoption, and articulate the risks/opportunities from leveraging cloud infrastructure
• Manage and support high performance, highly available (99.9 Uptime) and mission critical Cloud services, Servers
• & data center platforms for the Insurance core applications and other systems.
• Ensure optimum allocation storage/server resources for the Servers, databases in all environments and to ensure high availability /optimum performance.
• Responsible for entire IT infrastructure including cloud, data centers, networks, Server, Security, Service Desk, and IT service management.
• Ensuring all cloud and infrastructure operations follow regulations and Group policies and procedures.
• Managing various cloud and infrastructure teams across the regions to provide a smooth delivery of IT infrastructure support services, covering systems, networks, and end-user support and the various company OLAs are adhered to.
• Managing cloud and infrastructure vendors to ensure optimal services are provided with regards to SLAs, licenses, skill support, maintenance etc.
• Lead team on the planning and deployment of cloud infrastructure projects to support core digital & applications.
• Ensure effective data backup and recovery strategies for DRP/BCP plan that meet business continuity, regulatory and availability requirements.
• Manage the infrastructure working on existing technologies Oracle VM, Sun Solaris & EMC storage, Microsoft Servers & Hyper-V, and Linux servers. All are technologies hosted in our cloud environment and datacenters
• Management of escalated technical challenges from engineers and comprehensive resolution within SLA and as per defined support processes and policies.
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the head of department.
• Academic/Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science from a recognized University
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE & MCSA)
• Oracle Solaris Certified Associate
• Experience in Data centre management
• Skills in timely troubleshooting of all business support resources
• Hardware and OS Knowledge in Microsoft Server, Sun-Oracle server, Oracle Intel VM, Unix.
• Experience in hardware /software/ networking inventory management.
• Experience in managing communication equipment.
• Experience in DRP
• EMC storage Administration, EMC Networker Backup
• UPS Power Management
• Relevant Experience
• 5+ years relevant experience in networking, storage, hardware, and system software