Company: KUSCCO Mutual Assurance Limited,
Title: Branch Manager,
KUSCCO Mutual Assurance Limited was incorporated in Kenya in January 2019 and is a subsidiary company of KUSCCO Ltd with a vision, to be the leading insurer committed to quality with unwavering client focus. The position will be responsible for overall branch operations, developing and growing the business by establishing and maintaining good working relationships between various stakeholders at the branch level.
• Develop and coordinate the implementation of the branch’s annual work plans and budgets in line with the organizational strategy.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations within the branch and overall supervision of all staff.
• Develop effective marketing strategies at the branch level by creating sustainable and comprehensive sales and marketing plans.
• Obtain requests for quotations, assess as per underwriting/rating guide and other guidance, prepare quotations, and deliver to the clients/brokers or business development staff.
• Collect premiums from clients and ensure compliance with the organization’s credit control policy.
• Ensure proper documentation is maintained within the branch and all communication and transactions are recorded appropriately.
• Organize and coordinate advertising/product campaigns with mass media, press releases, and public relations activities with targeted communications including brand awareness and visibility at the branch level.
• Responsible for vetting claims at reporting stage, receiving information on all potential claims, and liaising with the claims department to ensure that the claim is registered and subsequently follow up to ensure that claims are processed expeditiously.
• Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports to the head office.
• Conduct market intelligence to inform product development/customization and pricing.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a business-related course or its equivalent from a reputable institution.
• Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, FLMI, or AIIK).
• At least eight (8) years’ experience in the insurance industry, and a minimum of three (3) years in a management/supervisory role with a proven result-oriented track record.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data.
• Strong people engagement and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships, communicate, present, negotiate, and resolve conflicts.