Job Title: Head Accountant,
Industry: Real Estate,
Gross Salary: Kshs 100k,
Our client is in the real estate is seeking to hire a Head Accountant who will handle all accounting and tax accounting department activities, as well as the supervision and management of general accounting activities, analyses, business partnerships, and the maintenance of efficient internal controls, all while guaranteeing statutory compliance in all accounting.
• Prioritize, direct, communicate and delegate work tasks to ensure the proper functioning of the department.
• Ensure compliance with general accounting standards, procedures, and company financial regulations.
• Timely and accurate preparation of consolidated monthly and annual financial statements and reports by accounting principles.
• Prepare budgets, annual.
• Develop and implement an integrated accounting system that shall be used in the organization.
• Analyze financial results, including corrective actions to address adverse performance.
• Countercheck petty cash and authorized reimbursements.
• Management of Payroll.
• Analyzing expenditure and income on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Preparation of financial accounts for audit and response to auditor’s queries.
• Submit all staff advances register for payroll processing.
• Maintain debtor’s schedules and follow-up for payment. Check and ensure all correspondences are acted on within the shortest period.
• Regularly present and report clear, timely, and accurate information on the financial performance of the company to support decision-making by Director.
• Ensure company compliance with all tax and other statutory financial requirements.
Analyze business and financial performance to identify and advise directors on opportunities to improve financial performance and the company’s cost structure.
• Effectively identify, communicate and manage potential future risk.
• Timely advice on investment opportunities and strategies to improve revenue and reduce costs.
• Keep the company informed of emerging trends and value-adding practices in finance and accounting.
• Advise and manage Company budget to avoid budget underage and overage.
• Prepare and present reports to all stakeholders during meetings and AGMs.
• Any other related duty assigned
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (with Accounting / Finance Major)
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience.
• CPA (K)will be an added advantage
• Having worked with a real estate company will be an added advantage
• Strong leadership skills
• Integrity and Strong values.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Tech Savvy.
• Industry Specific Knowledge.
• Dependable with a strong sense of accountability.
• Energetic self-starter who demonstrates strong resourcefulness and personal initiative.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Adaptable and comfortable in a fast-changing start-up environment.
• Comfortable in uncertain and/or ambiguous situations.
• Uncompromising integrity.