Title: Human Resource Officer – Dairy,
Gross Salary: Competitive,
Reporting to: The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
One of the leading FMCG companies in Kenya seeks to hire a Human resource officer who will manage and oversee all HR-related activities within the Society, Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives, and formulation of HR plans.
Key tasks and performance areas
• Staff recruitment which involves developing clear job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking and reviewing applications received, shortlisting, interviewing, and selection of candidates
• Enhancing and Implementing Human Resource Policies and Code of Conduct detailing working environment procedures, performance management, disciplinary procedures, and leaves and absence management
• Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental heads, planning and sometimes delivering training – including inductions for new staff and support of current and future business needs through development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
• Advising the management on staff pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and employee benefits, based on regular performance appraisals with relation to the Employment Act.
• Nurture a positive working environment / culture and ensure teamwork spirit is upheld at all times
• Prepare monthly payroll and maintain staff pay plan and benefits program
• Ensure legal compliance throughout Human Resource Management
• Ensure that all labour related court cases that exist and any that may arise in future are adequately attended to conclusively without delays, by liaising with the Manager, Board and the Society’s Legal advisor to finality.
• Ensure staff welfare is adequately addressed by all stakeholders
• Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures in accordance with the law and organizations rules and regulations
• In consultation with departmental heads and the management Board, establish and communicate regular emerging HR issues and methodologies of how to address them
• Maintaining all staff files/ Bio data and regularly updating them, ensuring the files are secure at all times and secrecy of staff information is to be upheld at all times unless necessary disclosure is required by the Board or a court of Law
• Diploma in Human Resource Management or any other related qualifications.
• 2-3 years experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• A keen sense of thoroughness and an eye for detail.
• Ability to prioritize and effectively complete allocated tasks.
• Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office.
• Undertaking CHRP is an added advantage
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Ability to balance multiple tasks while working under tight deadlines with close attention to detail.
• Must be flexible and a team player.
• Grievance handling and ability to deal with difficult situations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective presentation skills and a strong sense of integrity and discretion.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Must be presentable and well-groomed.