Job Ref. No: JAML006
Position: Assistant Fund Administrator
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in
Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite
insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer
in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi,
and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi
Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are
highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an
A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
Jubilee Asset Management (JAML) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Jubilee Holdings Limited, that focuses on providing
fund management and investment advisory products and services to institutional and retail clients. It is licensed and
regulated by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA).
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Assistant Fund Administrators within Jubilee Asset
Management Limited. The position holder will report to the Manager – Fund Services and will be based at our Head
Office in Nairobi.
The role is accountable for the day-to-day execution of client withdrawals & fund switch requests and Investment
reconciliations. The role will deliver operational effectiveness ensuring TAT on client disbursement of funds for excellent
• Receipt of customers funds from all channels including mobile and bank platforms.
• Inflow accounts reconciliation and transfer of funds from Mobile money accounts and bank collection accounts into
the investment account.
• Disbursement accounts reconciliation.
• Prepare the suspense report and monitor suspense activity.
• Responsible for withdraw/switches, redemption of units and reconciliation of client accounts on a daily basis.
• Debiting clients’ accounts and process payments end-to end.
• Preparation of letters/inbanking instructions to the custodian to facilitate payments.
• Preparation of monthly interest disbursements and standing order payments
• Liaise with custodians for resolution of reconciliation issues.
• Distribute income for the various funds at different periods.
• End of day process for purposes of generating pricing.
• Prepare weekly and monthly production reports.
• Participate and attend scheduled trustee meetings.
• Generate commission monthly statements for review and approval.
• Prepare and dispatch instructions to the custodians.
• Prepare monthly Fund Valuation reports.
• Prepare regulatory, trustees and clients reports.
Compliance Monitoring and Adherence:
• Monitoring regulatory changes and ensuring that the firm's operational activities remain compliant with all
applicable regulations and policies.
• Conducting regular compliance reviews and audits to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
• Monitoring fund performance and identifying risks associated with fund operations.
• Developing and implementing risk management strategies to mitigate risks and ensure the safety of fund assets.
• Working with other departments to ensure that all risks are identified and addressed.
• Knowledge of capital markets and CMA regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of Fund Valuation.
• Knowledge of investment classes.
• Excellent customer service, communication, and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
• Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail; strong ability to scrutinize and examine.
• Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, multi-task, problem-prevention, and problem-
• Willingness to adapt to changing business needs.
• Ability to exercise prudent judgment.
• Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
Academic Background and Relevant Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or related fields.
• Professional qualifications such as ACCA, CFA, or CPA are an added advantage.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and at least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role and
fund accounting and reporting systems.