Job Ref. No: JHIL091
Position: Strategic Purchasing Executive
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company
based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become
the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance.
Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a
network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified
insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE),
Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on
leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+
in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Strategic Purchasing Executive within
Jubilee Health Insurance Limited. The position holder will report to the Senior Strategic Purchasing
Executive and will be based at our Head Office in Nairobi.
As the Strategic Purchasing Executive, you would be responsible for establishing and maintaining
relationships with healthcare providers to ensure a robust and high-quality network of medical services
for policyholders. This role involves collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to optimize
1. Maintain relationships with Specialists, administrative staff for specialists and other key Specialists’
influencers and provide a clear link between these and Jubilee Health Insurance.
2. Act as a liaison between Specialists and Jubilee Health Insurance limited to resolve problems, provide,
and obtain information, and maintain positive working relationships with Specialists.
1. Negotiation of cost of services rendered by medical providers.
2. Monitoring Average Costs of providers and engaging high-cost providers for cost reduction.
3. Implement initiatives that help reduce the cost of drugs such as drug delivery, generic drugs utilization
4. Develop a tracking system for and ensure timely follow-up of doctors’ payments is done.
5. Ensuring all cost Agreements have been Setup in the System, i.e., Co-pays, Discounts, Micro Schemes
and Restricted Categories/Providers.
6. Provide guidance to the care management team, claims team, and contact center agents on provider
7. Support the business development and underwriting team in client servicing.
8. Monthly reports on effectiveness of systemized cost control and saving achieved.
9. Pre-authorisations monitoring to determine IBNR.
10. Providing a report on claims status. Indicating outstanding claims, assessed and registered claims.
11. Link, guide and communicate with prospective specialists through the credentialing process.
12. Document all Specialists office interactions and other pertinent information in applicable databases to
provide an accurate record of Specialist encounter history.
1. Assist in carrying out country-wide provider audits to ensure that quality, cost effective medical services
can be guaranteed for clients.
Leadership & Culture
1. Promote a customer-centric approach to provider partnerships, prioritizing policyholder satisfaction and
positive health outcomes.
2. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive cultural transformation and organizational alignment
around provider partnership goals and strategies.
2. Performance reporting and management.
3. Relationship Building skills
4. Health Benefit Plan Management.
1. Diploma in Nursing/Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery
2. Basic understanding of the concepts of insurance
3. Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite and packages
Minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in Case Managem