We currently have an exciting career opportunity for an IT Project Management Officer, Jubilee Holdings Limited. The position
holder will report to the Head of Department, Project Management Office and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The IT PMO shall be responsible for the maintenance of defined project management systems and standards to ensure the successful
delivery of projects undertaken by Jubilee Holdings Ltd - IT through effective facilitation, tracking and reporting on ongoing projects. The
job holder shall contribute to the achievement of the overall business strategy by providing project leadership as project manager for
assigned regional projects, assistance, and guidance to project coordinators for entity specific projects and teams on the best use of
project management tools and approaches throughout the project lifecycle to increase their effectiveness, efficiency and minimize the risk
of project failure. The job holder shall also be responsible for project governance to ensure the set rules, regulations and policies are
adhered to for effective delivery of assigned projects.
1. Implement governance and project management standards across the assigned projects portfolio, including tracking, monitoring, and
updating the status of program deliverables.
2. Prepare project reports and distribute periodic project portfolio level reports to the relevant stakeholders both at project level and
3. Facilitate and/or contribute to post implementation reviews, identify lessons learned and manage program-level lessons learned
repository, including dissemination of lessons learned to project teams.
4. To actively monitor and track project schedules, risk, and issues, providing regular updates to key stakeholders to maintain focus on
key risks and issues and ensure timely intervention with appropriate mitigations.
5. Co-ordinate and contribute to assurance and quality review processes relating to assigned projects through the company audit and
6. Support implementation of the quality strategy, including any processes and templates, across all assigned projects and coordinate
quality activities to meet quality objectives.
7. Manage the portfolio-level benefits register, ensuring that all benefits are planned, monitored and benefits realization is tracked on
8. To manage the central information repository for all assigned projects ensuring all project documentations are complete and up to
date. Be the single point of truth on all project information on assigned projects.
9. To provide administrative coordination support to individual project teams as required to ensure that project targets are achieved
including facilitating effective change management.
10. To perform any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by management.
Key Focus Areas:
Project Governance & Best Practice:
• Responsible for the implementation of the project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation, and
reporting which fits the needs of the project and puts emphasis on the 4 project constraints: Time, Quality, Budget & Scope.
• Managing processes supporting the project steering committee, streamlining communications to project owners and project sponsors,
and empowering the committee to engage in meaningful and efficient discussions of priorities and resource availability.
• Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
• Act as an advocate for best practices in project management and ensuring adherence to project discipline.
• Share lessons learned and best practices across programs, building relationships with stakeholders both external and internal.
Project Management Strategy & Execution:
• Contributes to the formulation of project business cases and other critical project documentation including facilitating approval in line
with the strategic goals and objectives of Jubilee Holdings Ltd.
• Conduct resource planning and demand management to inform prioritization and delivery roadmap of the defined projects efficiently.
• Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all assigned projects.
• Monitor Project overhead and capital expenses to ensure achievement of cost efficiency and acting to correct any adverse variances.
• Provide leadership as Project Manager for assigned projects and moderate all project meetings to ensure the agenda is objective
towards ensuring seamless delivery of the project.
• Ensures familiarity and compliance with all Jubilee Insurance policies and processes at all stages of the project lifecycle.
Project Management Support & Guidance:
• Assist and advise project owners, other project managers / coordinators, and teams on the best use of project management disciplines,
tools, and approaches within a fast-paced, high-tech environment.
• Develop positive relationships with project owners, project managers, and teams to enable the Project Management Office to provide
support including facilitation, tracking, and reporting on projects, and training.
• Support change management efforts by advising on interventions and adjustments based on emerging business or technical
opportunities and challenges from the project.
• Support capacity building efforts through coaching and mentoring project members on project management best practices for optimal
delivery in projects.
• Assist and contribute to development and continuous improvement of the Project Management Office framework based on industry
growth and new trends.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills
2. Ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups and communicate effectively.
3. Strong relationship building, team building and interpersonal skills.
4. Proven experience in managing cross company and cross-country projects.
5. Successful delivery of complex technology and digital projects.
6. Understanding of project delivery and acceptance processes within a fast-paced business environment
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, IT, or any other related field
2. Relevant Project management certification – PMP / PRINCE 2
3. Detailed understanding of business process management principles and best practices
4. Experienced user of MS Office toolset (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
5. Technical business analysis and data analysis skills
At least 3+ years of experience in a similar role mainly in the financial sector.