Job Title: Internal Auditor – Technical (CA7)
The Communications Authority of Kenya (The Authority) is the regulatory agency responsible for
regulation the communications sector in Kenya. We are committed to promoting and facilitating
the development of a vibrant and inclusive communications industry. As part of our strategic
objectives, we are seeking an experienced Internal Auditor-Technical to join our team. This is a
key role responsible for providing technical expertise in internal audit assurance to the Authority.
Under the supervision of the Principal Internal Auditor, Projects, the Internal Auditor-Technical is
responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and consulting activity aimed at adding
value and improving the operations of the Authority.
1. Participate in comprehensive planning and risk assessment relating to
telecommunications Equipment’s, Installations, standards and inspections of projects
to ascertain the audit scope.
2. Review quality of service monitoring and enforcement, inspections reports, procedures
and report on the internal controls employed.
3. Review systems, procedures and processes established in Frequency Spectrum
planning, monitoring and inspections for efficiency.
4. Evaluation of risk management activities and mitigation action plan for technical
processes for assurance reporting.
5. Review the performance of Postal courier inspections reports to ensure compliance
with the licence terms and conditions, guidelines and the Act for assurance reporting.
6. Review and evaluate the Broadcast content monitoring and inspections reports for
7. Participate in projects related investigations, inspections, and other compliance
monitoring activities for assurance to the Audit Committee.
8. Follow-up on the status of implementation of audit recommendations and the
effectiveness of the corrective actions.
1. Have Bachelor of Science in Electrical & Electronic Engineering/ Telecommunications
Engineering or any other relevant field.
2. Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
1. Demonstrate analytical skills in the performance of tasks.
2. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
3. A team player with strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with other
4. Demonstrable logical approach to problem solving when undertaking assignments.