Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGO’s in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, a well-established plantation with operations in Kenya and Tanzania is currently seeking to recruit a Plant Mechanic in their Technical department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for carrying out mechanical repairs, routine plant machinery servicing and cleaning, maintaining the working area, workshop tools and equipment. He/she must have a minimum of 7 years of experience as a Plant Mechanic.
• Performs general maintenance works, repairing and maintaining of plant machinery.
• Maintains Plant machinery functional by conducting inspections, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions, replacing parts and components, repairing body damage.
• Conducts thorough inspections and evaluations of problematic machinery or parts to identify issues.
• Orders and replaces parts and components and repairs body damage as needed.
• Performs regular inspections and maintenance on working machinery to ensure proper upkeep.
• Maintains detailed records of each machine, including any maintenance, inspection, or repair services performed.
• Observe Safety and Health regulations and procedures including proper lifting techniques.
• Must be a Diploma holder or Trade Test Certificate Grade 1 or Technician craft 3.
• At least 7 years’ working experience.
• Experience on CAT or KOMATSU will be an added advantage.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• KCSE Mean Grade of C or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Technical Knowledge
• Problem solving skills.
• Ability to use a range of tools.