Title: Finance Manager,
Location: Westlands, Nairobi,
Gross Salary: USD 2500,
Carnaval Limited is a Company in the Gaming industry both with VIP Physical Casinos and Online gaming products. They are based in Nairobi; Westlands- Muthithi road and fully registered in Kenya. They are seeking to hire a Finance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To be the point of contact for finance in all operations, sales reporting, expenditure analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and financial accountability.
• Verification of payment vouchers and reconciliation of discrepancies within the books of accounts.
• Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget statement and performing monthly variance reviews.
• Develop cash forecasting and budget projection models and develop mechanisms for tracking burn rate to actual reporting by line items.
• Responsible for Cash flow management & short-term funding requirements.
• Handling profitability management, product costing, product pricing, capital expenditure planning, inventory management, debtors’ management, creditors’ management and business unit management.
• Responsible for ensuring the company is compliant with all statutory requirements.
• Contribute to financial systems implementation to ensure compliance with internal financial policies, procedures, control mechanisms, and generally accepted accounting practices.
• Lead the finance team and be a dependable finance business partner across multiple departments.
• Lead the planning and execution of the financial function including those necessary for auditing, budgeting, and financial management in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, policies, and procedures/guidelines.
• Prepare high-level financial reports to aid in decision-making by senior management
• Undertake asset management and prepare quarterly reports, budgeting process and approvals and expenditure monitoring through prudent management of finance, and physical assets of the organization.
• Oversee the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial projections, statements, and budgets, exercising expenditure controls of the organization.
• Manage the monthly payroll processing to ensure compliance with labour laws and tax requirements.
Education & Other Requirements
• A Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics or a relevant field from a reputable Institution is a must (master’s an added advantage).
• Certification with the relevant professional body is a must.
• Over 6 years experience in a similar position
• Has past proven experience in audit processes.
• Has directly supervised at least 8 accounts personnel in the above position.
• Must have worked with an accounting software system and not traditional Excel-manual reporting.
• Other management certifications are a plus
• Flexibility in working hours.
• Commitment to work with minimum supervision.
• Effective business acumen, High integrity and loyalty.
• Good communication skills
• Proper and clear spoken English
• Excellent people skills
• A team worker
• Work history in a large F&B environment (Hotels, Restaurants) is an added advantage.
• Work history in a multi-ethnicity environment is an added advantage.