JOB TITLE: LEGAL ASSISTANT
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Legal Assistant.
The job holder will assist in developing effective working relationships with key user departments to ensure their needs are understood and appropriate solutions developed that support business needs.
FUNCTIONS/KEY RESULTS EXPECTED:
• Maintaining and updating files systematically and accurately to ensure rapid access and retrieval on behalf of the Department;
• Serving legal documents to clients and other stakeholders;
• Liaising with relevant departments to ensure that all legal risks have been identified and appropriate courses of action have been taken;
• Ensuring all loan legal documentation are properly executed;
• Assisting in preparation of legal documents for registration;
• Ensuring that the company’s policy and procedures are adhered to.
• Drafting correspondence.
• Maintaining and updating the court register.
• Bringing up files for appropriate timely action.
• Attending to the relevant government registries on a need basis.
• Compilation and completion of papers, reports, and reference materials
• Any other duties that may be assigned
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
• Diploma in Law or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Excellent relationship and communication skills;
• Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing);
• Good planning and organization skills;
• Proven ability to delicately solve sensitive matters;
Previous Relevant Work Experience
At least 3 years of relevant experience;