The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization, and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC seeks to recruit an IT Support Officer to join a team of other IT professionals at the Center.
S/he will be responsible for the day-to-day support of all IT systems, business systems, office systems, computer networks, and telephony systems throughout the APHRC complex- the Campus and Ulwazi Place. The IT Support Officer will:
• Ensure tidiness of all data and networking equipment and server room at the hotel (Ulwazi Place).
• Consolidate and advise the ICT Manager on the ICT needs and requirements at the hotel.
• Ensure firewall implementation and management, servers, workstations and network infrastructure configuration, networking equipment; wireless AP and switches, domain controller and Active Directory management, PABX management: 3CX, VPN configuration and email accounts management.
• Ensure smooth functioning and co-ordination of vendors for guest Internet, conferencing, Property Management Systems – eZee, Point of Sale – POS, IPTV, Telephony systems and other software vendors.
• Set-up, configure and deploy hardware and software.
• Prepare & implement preventive maintenance schedule for all IT hardware & software.
• Manage disaster recovery process and ensure regular daily backup is taken.
• Set up antivirus and provide day to day support.
• Ensure that policies and procedures relating to PCI compliance are updated.
• Maintain a system error / progress log book and address reported problems.
• Ensure IT Audit points are implemented as per relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
• Monitor and maintain proper inventory of hardware and software licenses.
• Be familiar with ICT Policies and ensure their implementation through regular staff awareness and training sessions.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience.
• Must be a self-starter, alert, energetic, responsible and flexible.
• Advanced knowledge of networking fundamentals, general network setup and device configuration.
• Knowledge of Linux and Windows Servers implementation and configuration.
• Demonstrated ability to support Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac OS users’ workstations.
• High level of confidentiality due to the kind of information that is interacted with on a daily basis.
• A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable.
• Committed to delivering high levels of customer service.
• Responds courteously and efficiently to queries and problems from guests and system users.
• Ability to identify and implement solutions to user challenges and concerns.
• Keeping abreast with the latest hospitality sector technologies and security risks.