The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) is a social impact organization operating in the
climate space, committed to supporting micro and small enterprises and driven by
innovation. KCIC provides incubation, capacity building services and financing to Kenyan
entrepreneurs and new ventures that are developing innovative solutions in renewable
energy and energy efficiency, water management, agribusiness, waste management, and
commercial forestry in a bid to address climate change challenges.
KCIC is in its fourth year of implementation of the Agribiz programme which was rolled out in
2020 in eight Business Incubation Hubs (BIH) in Kilifi, Machakos, Bungoma, Meru, Isiolo, Uasin
Gishu, Kisii and Kiambu. The Agribiz program seeks to be a catalyst and enabler towards
greater involvement of women and youth in agricultural and livestock value chains. The
primary focus of the program is to provide a range of services needed for 2,400 women and
youth owned early-stage agribusiness enterprises as well as Small and Medium Enterprises
The program focuses on delivery of four (4) services which constitute its core activities thus; (i),
access to services and facilities; (ii), access to finance; (iii), business advisory and technical
assistance, and (iv), access to information. Other general activities include awareness
creation and the pursuit of an enabling environment for greater involvement of women and
youth in agribusiness.
KCIC is currently hiring Front Office and Administrative Assistants to facilitate the successful
implementation of the Agribiz program in the Business Incubation Hub located in Bungoma
and Meru Counties. In addition, the selected candidates will be responsible for coordinating
administrative activities with the central hub
The Front Office and Administrative Assistant will oversee the operation of the reception and
providing services to internal and external customers while collaborating with the Incubation
hub team to ensure a seamless workflow.
• Attend to walk in customers and visitors, directing them accordingly as per their
• Execute clerical receptionist duties such as typing, filing, photocopying, collating etc.
• Manage the switchboard and answer, screen and forward all incoming phone calls
to appropriate parties;
• Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers and sign for all incoming packages;
arrange pick up for out-going package;
• Coordinate office deliveries and receive invoices for payment processing;
• Monitor stock for office Stationery, Kitchen supplies, drinking water and any other
office equipment required for office use and ensure timely requisition of the same;
• Manage front desk operations while monitoring cleanliness and maintaining
proper organization for a professional image;
• Manage the office cleaning by ensuring that the office is cleaned on time, the
kitchen and the bathroom are well cleaned and kept tidy;
• Reconcile monthly petty cash in liaison with the Senior Finance Officer;
• Coordinate all the travel logistics with the driver within the organization;
• Develop a tracker system for motor vehicle fueling service and maintenance;
• Coordinate planning for meetings, preparation of meeting venue, and support
organization of events;
• Manage office access for all the staff members and clients;
• Develop and maintain the office electronic and hard copy filing system.
• Liaise with the Procurement and Logistics Officer for the procurement of
goods and services.
• At least a Diploma in Front Office Management, Business / Office Administration /
Public Relations or any other related field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in front office administration, or related fields;
• Computer skills including the ability to operate emails, spreadsheet and Word
processing programs at a highly proficient level.
• Customer relations skills;
• Time management skills,
• Organization and planning skills;
• Communication skills
• Analytical skills
• Professionalism and integrity
• Interpersonal skills;
• Creativity and innovation
• Reliability and adaptability;
• Team player;