The position is responsible for administration and management of the access to finance
component within the Agribiz Programme.
1. Develop, review and oversee the implementation of loan and grant disbursement
policies, procedures, and guidelines in compliance with the Agribiz Financing
2. Manage and monitor the loan and grant portfolio to ensure timely disbursement,
repayment, and risk mitigation.
3. Management the implementation of due diligence on potential borrowers and
grantees to verify eligibility and suitability in compliance with the Agribiz Financing
4. Oversee implementation of technical assistance support to borrowers and grantees
to ensure successful project implementation, including capacity building and
training programs through the annual Agribiz technical assistance budget.
5. Coordinate with the finance and accounting departments to ensure accurate and
timely financial reporting and audit requirements for the loan and grant portfolio.
6. Review investment documentation including financial data, business plans and
market analysis for enterprises seeking investment for Board approval.
7. Stress test the financial models to assess the viability and profitability of the proposed
8. Develop a pipeline of investors who may be interested in investing in the
agribusinesses within the program.
9. Develop and implement annual an investor readiness program for all enterprises
that seek to raise external financing.
10. Develop a pipeline of investment-ready businesses for presentation to potential
11. Manage investor events such as pitch competitions, demo days, deal rooms and
investment conferences at a national level.
12. Manage and monitor staff performance for the direct reports.
• Post Graduate Degree in Business related areas;
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business-related degree;
• Professional Certification in Accounting or Financial Analysis certification such as
CPA, ACCA, CFA CISA, ICM or GARP.
• Minimum 6 years’ of relevant experience and knowledge in entrepreneurship
capacity building, with at least 4 years’ of experience managing and administering
• Knowledge of agricultural finance and value chain development and
• Commitment, drive and self-motivation, with a passion for ‘this space’ and desire to
help scale the businesses;
• Ability to deliver with minimal supervision;
• Significant local knowledge and networks in the investment ecosystem;
• Experience in structuring financial products in the agricultural sector will be an
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Mentorship and coaching skills
- Strategic and analytical skills
- Professionalism and integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Innovation and creativity
- Team player