Job Title: Senior Legal Officer (CA6)
The Communications Authority of Kenya (The Authority) is the regulatory agency responsible for
regulating the communications sector in Kenya. We are committed to promoting and facilitating
the development of a vibrant and inclusive communications industry. As part of our strategic
objectives, we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Legal Officer who shall also
serve as the Executive Assistant to the Board Chair to join our team. This role is crucial in
providing comprehensive administrative support to the Board Chair and ensuring smooth
operations of board-related activities.
The Senior Legal Officer will provide high-level administrative support and assistance to the
Board Chair of the Authority. This role requires exceptional organizational skills, discretion, and
the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The successful candidate
will act as a trusted partner to the Board Chair, managing administrative tasks, coordinating
Chair’s participation in board meetings, and facilitating effective communication between the
Board Chair and other stakeholders.
1. Work in a team responsible for the provision of corporate secretarial services to the
2. Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Board Chair, including managing
schedules, appointments, and travel arrangements.
3. Provide technical and logistical support to the office of the Board Chair and
Chairpersons of Committees of the Board.
4. Provide quality assurance in respect of all documentation handled by the office of the
5. Liaise with Management to coordinate participation of Board Members in Policy
Meetings, capacity building trainings and other governance stakeholder
6. Assist in the preparation and compilation of board reports, presentations, and other
documents, ensuring accuracy and adherence to deadlines.
7. Assist in the development of speeches, letters, press releases and other documentation
for the Office of the Chairperson.
8. Manage confidential and sensitive information with utmost discretion and
9. Conduct research and gather information on various topics as directed by the Board
Chair, providing relevant and concise summaries and reports.
10. Maintain an organized filing system for board-related documents and records, ensuring
ease of access and retrieval.
11. Act as a liaison between the Board Chair and Management, external organizations, and
individuals, ensuring effective communication and collaboration.
12. Handle incoming correspondence, phone calls, and inquiries addressed to the Board
Chair, providing timely responses, or redirecting as appropriate.
13. Undertake special projects and assignments as assigned by the Board Chair,
demonstrating flexibility and adaptability in meeting evolving needs.
1. Bachelor's degree in law. Master's degree is an added advantage.
2. Proven experience (minimum 5 years) supporting C-suite executives or board
3. Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution (2010).
4. Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and
prioritize competing demands effectively.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and
6. Proficient in using office productivity software, including word processing,
spreadsheet, presentation, and email tools.
7. Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and work
collaboratively with individuals at all levels.
8. Demonstrated discretion, professionalism, and the ability to handle confidential
information with sensitivity and integrity.
9. Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a proactive and solutions-
10. Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with
changing priorities and deadlines.
11. Knowledge of governance principles and practices, as well as regulatory frameworks,
is an advantage.