Job Ref. No: JHIL062
Position: Bancassurance Sales Officer
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubil ee
Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling
Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clie nts. Jubilee
Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group
listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda
Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA-
in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Bancassurance Sales Officer within Jubilee Health Insurance
Limited. The position holder will report to the Head of Bancassurance and Digital Channels and will be based at our Head Office
Responsible for the delivery of Health Insurance Bancassurance business performance through effective selling, excellent cust omer
service and execution of operational Bancassurance services to the customers under the Bancassurance profile at the assigned bank
1. Drive sustainable growth of the assigned portfolio to achieve the set business target.
2. Effectively create new client relationships and partnerships whilst ensuring retention of existing business relationships through high
standards of customer service.
3. Execution of day-to-day Insurance operations at bank, branch/Regional level which entails Quotations, New customer acquisition
as well as follow up on renewals.
4. Identify training needs and liaise with head office to ensure training calendar is developed.
5. Maintain accurate records and reports on all Insurance transactions.
6. Maintain a consistent pipeline of Health Insurance Clients and prospects.
7. Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless, and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
8. To assist bank staff in the said region/Branch to produce medical insurance businesses acceptable to Jubilee Health Insurance and
ensure that such staff meet their individual quotas of new business and renewal production regularly.
9. Ensure customer enquiries are resolved promptly as per laid down policies and procedures.
10. Champion Insurance products training at the Branch /Regional by working closely with Branch management and bank
bancassurance officers to sensitize customers on insurance products.
11. Participate in Insurance Sales activation programs organized by Banks, Region, or Branch Management in conjunction with the
12. Accompany bank staff to meetings with clients and Cross sell medical insurance.
13. Ensure compliance to Jubilee Insurance and the allocated Bank’s policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
14. Daily reporting of business performance as per Key Performance Indicators Matrixes.
15. Any other duties and roles as may be assigned from time to time by the Bancassurance Manager.
Page 2 of 2
1. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network and generate new business.
3. Excellent Sales and Client relationship skills.
4. Relationship Management skills
5. Demonstrate sound knowledge of Bank products and an understanding of banking business and operations.
6. Have high integrity levels; maintains utmost confidentiality of information in their possession.
7. Great attention to details
Qualifications and relevant experience
1. University degree from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education
2. AIIK Diploma / BCOM (Insurance), BSC (Actuarial Science)/ CII Diploma or any insurance related qualification is an added
3. At least 2 years’ experience in the Sales of health Insurance products preferably within an insurance intermediary or Insurance
4. Knowledge of Health Insurance will be an added advantage.
5. Experience in Bancassurance will be an added advantage.