Job Ref. No: JHIL086
Position: Manager - Risk, Compliance & Money Laundering Reporting
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubil ee
Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling
Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clie nts. Jubilee
Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group
listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda
Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA-
in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Manager, Risk, Compliance & Money Laundering Reporting within
Jubilee Health Insurance Limited. The position holder will report to the Chief Executive & Principal Officer and will be based
at our Head Office in Nairobi.
Working with the relevant business heads, the role holder will be responsible for developing and maintaining the appropriate Money
Laundering, Compliance and Risk management framework and systems within the Company. The role involves enterprise -wide
coordination of identification and management of all risks and will include propagating, monitoring, and reporting on compliance
with laws, regulations and internal policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
1. Risk Governance: Develop and implement the organization's risk management framework, identifying and assessing potential
risks across various business processes. Risk Assessment: Lead company-wide risk assessment exercises to identify key risks.
2. Risk Quantification and Aggregation: Support the business in quantifying risk limits and set risk tolerance levels for the
3. Risk Monitoring and Reporting: Communicate to key stakeholders regarding the risk profile of the business; Lead the
development of relevant key indicators and associated appetite thresholds for various business line; Co-ordinate and oversee
regulatory inspections; and Review and vet software purchases and/or license renewals.
4. Oversee the company's AML program, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Design and implement AML
policies and procedures, including customer due diligence and suspicious activity reporting.
5. Oversee and manage the reporting of suspicious activities or transactions in compliance with local and international regulations;
Work with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to facilitate reporting and investigations related to money
6. Design and implement improvements in the communication, monitoring and enforcement of compliance standards across the
7. Review design of process manuals, ensure compliance to them and update regularly on the status.
8. Ensure that all relevant and required company policies are put in place and are approved by the relevant board committee and
main board and that these are reviewed regularly to align with any changes in regulation or company policy/strategy.
9. Identify and interpret relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards, and ensure integration into the compliance program.
10. Collaborate with executive leadership to communicate compliance-related strategies and their impact on business operations.
11. Work closely with all departments, to ensure a cohesive approach to risk and compliance.
12. Provide guidance and support to business units on compliance matters and regulatory inquiries.
13. Stay informed about industry trends, regulatory developments, and best practices in risk and compliance management.
14. Drive continuous improvement initiatives within the compliance function, leveraging technology and process enhancements.
1. Business Continuity Management: In conjunction with the entity BCP committee review & test the Business continuity strategies
& plans on an annual basis.
2. Support the IT Risk & compliance manager in the quarterly testing of the IT disaster recovery plans.
3. Conducting periodic reviews and 2nd line assessments to verify compliance with insurance and other applicable laws and
regulations, internal policies, compliance procedures, control systems by each business and support function and any
weaknesses or risks are identified and mitigated early on.
4. Ensuring all required regulatory reports are filed promptly and respond to policy/compliance violations by reporting to duly
authorized regulatory agencies.
5. Review and implement all mandates from the Board and ensure all Board members and management are advised on the
company’s compliance risk through detailed ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual status reports.
6. Ensure compliance on submission of all Statutory returns and taxes.
7. Oversee day-to-day compliance operations, including the development, implementation, and maintenance of compliance policies
8. Monitor compliance metrics and performance indicators to assess the effectiveness of the compliance program.
9. Coordinate internal audits and compliance reviews to ensure adherence to established policies.
10. Ensure Audit issues are closed within the agreed time frames.
1. Risk and Control Enhancement: Develop risk mitigations and responses in coordination with business units and monitor the
progress of risk mitigation activities.
2. Serve as the primary point of contact for regulatory agencies and external auditors.
3. Ensure timely and accurate reporting of compliance-related information to relevant authorities.
4. Collaborate with legal and external counsel on compliance matters as needed.
5. Serve as the primary point of contact for regulatory agencies and external auditors.
6. Ensure timely and accurate reporting of compliance-related information to relevant authorities.
7. Collaborate with legal and external counsel on compliance matters as needed.
1. Foster a strong culture of compliance throughout the organization, promoting ethical behavior and a commitment to regulatory
compliance at all levels.
2. Formulate training programs and conduct training for compliance, risk and money laundering areas as well as additional training
for areas with the greatest risk exposure and carry out periodic or one-off interventions to address compliance and financial crime
controls knowledge transfer needs in the Company.
3. Encourage a "speak-up" culture where employees feel comfortable reporting compliance concerns or potential violations.
1. Risk Management Expertise
2. AML (Anti-Money Laundering) Knowledge
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Policy Development and Implementation
5. Audit and Internal Control
6. Data Analysis and Reporting
7. Communication and Collaboration
8. Leadership, Team, and change Management
1. Master’s degree in finance, Business Administration, or a related field.
2. Bachelor's degree in business, finance, law, or a related field.
3. Professional certifications in risk management, compliance, and AML
4. Member of a relevant professional qualification; CISA/CISM/CRM/CPA.
Minimum of 8 years proven experience in risk management, compliance, or a related field, with at least 4 years in a
If you are qualifie