JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR LAND ADMINISTRATION - JG ‘R’ (CPSB 03) 1 POST
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
1. An officer at this level may be based at the Headquarters as the Head of Technical Division
and will assist the respective Chief Officer in the day to day administration and management
of the division.
2. In charge of all the devolved surveying and mapping functions in the county government
3. Implementing new surveying, standards, techniques, policies and assessing human capacity
needs, in line with the changing professional demands.
4. Verifying research of new and emerging technologies.
5. Maintain and provide up to date geospatial data within the county.
6. Establish 3rd to 4th order geodetic control network;
7. Prepare and certify base maps for physical and land use planning and infrastructure
development within the County;
8. Ensuring survey equipment procured by the county are calibrated;
9. Advise the county government on all matters related to land surveying and mapping;
10. Prepare and implement annual work plans.
11. Prepare periodic reports.
12. Plan, coordinate and administer survey services in the county.
13. Verifying estimates and costs for Land survey projects.
14. Work with and advise government agencies on survey matters.
15. Provide Topographical information for planning engineering design construction
architectural design, land valuation and dispute resolutions in development control.
16. Create, develop and maintain an interactive Geospatial information system (GIS) as part of
the county wide spatial data infrastructure.
17. Carryout general topographical mapping of the county and maintain a live digital map of the
county to assist in the production of Thematic maps.
18. Set up a hydrographic subsection for monitoring developments and threats to environment on
the area between the seashore and the reef but not limited to Kenyan.
19. Manage sectional property survey and development (3D cadaster).
20. Perform any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time by the Chief Officer.
Requirements for Appointment
a) Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines, Land surveying and
photogrammetry, Geomatics Engineering, Technology in Geomatics, Geospatial Engineering
from a recognized university.
b) Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Land Surveying, Land Management,
Cartography, Photogrammetry, Photolithography, Geomatics, Geomatic Engineering,
Technology in Geomatics, Technology in Geoinformatics, Geo-spatial Engineering,
Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Urban or Regional Planning, Geodesy,
Hydrography, Environmental Science, Information Science or its equivalent qualification
from a recognized institution is an added advantage
c) Be a registered member with the institution of surveyors of Kenya (Land survey chapter)
d) full membership of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (MISK);
p) Have served in the grade of Senior Deputy Director Lands Administration for a minimum
period of three (3) years.
e) Or served as a land surveyor in a reputable organization for a period not
less than 7 years – preferably in a public institution
f) Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4)
weeks from a recognized institution;
g) Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
h) Demonstrated professional and administrative competence in work performance and results
i) Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance
and exhibited a thorough understanding of national/county goals, policies, objectives and
ability to relate them to the surveying function.
j) Have knowledge and experience in Programme Based Budgeting, Planning, Financial
analysis and policy formulation.