Do you want to work with the best and push your career to a whole new level? Tangaza University College is
moving towards becoming a fully-fledged university. As befits an institution of higher learning, we are
distinguished for academic excellence, service orientation and a commitment to social transformation according
to the gospel values. The following vacancy has arisen within the University College and requires to be filled.
DVC ACADEMIC AND STUDENTS LIFE
DEAN OF STUDENTS
DEAN OF STUDENTS
The Dean of Students is in charge of all duties of the Dean of Students relating to the welfare, spiritual life,
conduct and discipline of students. A dean of students plans and directs university activities related to student
services and campus life. The Dean of Students provides proactive leadership to engage all stakeholders in the
delivery of programs and services to support the students’ academic achievement, personal and social
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (A detailed Job Description [JD] will be given on appointment)
1. Be responsible for the spiritual, physical, emotional and social welfare and development of students.
2. Advise the Executive Committee of the Student Association; and serving as a liaison between the university
administration and student organizations, such as TANSA.
3. Co-ordinate immigration matters for international students.
4. Co-ordinate the provision of health care and promotion of wellness among students and the University
5. Ensure that students have adequate resources and support to be successful in their learning environment.
6. Serving as a point of information for students and responding to students' needs.
7. Manage the office budget.
8. Handle disciplinary issues, appeals, very sensitive personal information, and all manner of conflict.
Knowledge and Experience
• PHD in the area of counselling, education administration or any other relevant field from a recognized
• Minimum of 5 years of higher education experience including 2 years of administrative experience as a
department chair or higher, plus 3 years of university teaching/ or counselling
• Previous work experience in student affairs is an added advantage.
Core Competencies, Skills and Abilities.
• Exhibits strong skills in; leadership, managing people, communication, customer and student focus, building
relationships, organizing and planning.
• Demonstrated understanding of the college mission, vision and practices.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with student’s faculty, staff and the broader educational and professional
• Ability to support and value the efforts of ongoing cultural community projects and events.
• Possess specific knowledge of Tangaza University College and functions of education administration.
• Demonstrates detailed familiarity with university code of conduct