Job Title: Deputy Director – Human Resources Management (CA4)
The Communications Authority of Kenya (The Authority) is the regulatory Agency responsible
for regulation of the communications sector in Kenya. We are committed to promoting and
facilitating the development of a vibrant and inclusive communications industry. As part of our
ongoing growth and development, we are seeking an experienced HR practitioner to join our team
on a 3-year contract as the Deputy Director, HRMs. This is a critical leadership role responsible
for overseeing all aspects of human resources management within our organization
The candidate will serve as a strategic partner to the executive team, providing guidance and
expertise in all HR functions. This position requires a deep understanding of HR best practices,
labour laws, and government regulations. The successful candidate will be responsible for
developing and implementing HR strategies, policies, and programs that align with our
organizational goals and objectives. The candidate will also play a key role in driving
organizational change, fostering a positive work culture, and ensuring compliance with all relevant
policies and regulations.
1. Support the Authority in the development and implementation of HR strategies, policies,
and programmes that support the organization's objectives.
2. Provide professional guidance to the HR team, overseeing all aspects of HR operations,
including recruitment, compensation, benefits, performance management, employee
relations, and compliance.
3. Collaborate with the Management team to identify and address current and future HR
needs, ensuring that HR initiatives align with the overall business strategy.
4. Monitor and ensure compliance with labour laws, government regulations, and internal
policies, making recommendations for improvements as necessary.
5. Support organizational change initiatives, including restructuring, talent development, and
6. Provide expert advice and guidance to managers and employees on HR-related matters,
fostering a positive work environment and promoting employee engagement.
7. Manage employee relations issues, conducting investigations, and recommending
appropriate actions to resolve conflicts and maintain a fair and respectful workplace.
8. Support the Authority in the development of effective performance management systems,
including performance evaluation, goal-setting, and career development plans.
9. Maintain and update HR records, data, and systems to ensure accuracy and compliance
with privacy regulations.
10. Monitor HR metrics and analyze trends to identify areas for improvement and develop
strategies to enhance organizational performance.
11. Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in HR, proactively recommending and
implementing innovative solutions to enhance HR effectiveness.
1. Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
Master's degree preferred.
2. Minimum of 10 years of progressive HR leadership experience, preferably in a government
or public sector environment with a at least three (3) years in a Supervisory Role.
3. Be a registered Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management in good standing
4. Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
1. Extensive knowledge of HR best practices, labour laws, and government regulations.
2. Proven experience in developing and implementing HR strategies, policies, and programs.
3. Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels
of the organization.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective
relationships and resolve conflicts.
5. Demonstrated experience in managing employee relations, conducting investigations, and
resolving complex HR issues.
6. Strategic thinker with the ability to drive organizational change and foster a positive work
7. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze data, identify
trends, and make informed decisions.
8. Familiarity with HR information systems and tools for data analysis and reporting.