• Assist the directorate in duties related to advancing Professional
Standards, policy development, and implementation.
• Engage periodically in sensitization and awareness of the relevant
practice rules/guidelines through CPD programs.
• Help in identifying and addressing the malpractices being
experienced in courts by stakeholders and consumers of justice.
Advancing practice standards
• Assist in coordinating the activities of the Compliance Monitoring
• Undertaking monitoring and inspection visits of members' legal
practices to weed out masqueraders/quacks Complaint Management
(investigations, intelligence gathering, progressing complaints
formally according to legislative requirements and in accordance
with internal policies and procedures. Ensuring procedural fairness
provisions are maintained at all times)
• Assist in developing guidelines for the public, and members.
stakeholders and others about LSK regulations complaints and
disciplinary procedures. To include guidance on ethics, the
regulatory aspects of professional practice and the Code of Conduct.
• Handling correspondences on practice matters
• Assist in the activities implementation of the Committee of Practice
Standard and Ethics
• Prepare files and other documentation for the Practice Standards
Committee and sub-committee meetings
• Prepare minutes of the Practice Standards committee and subcommittee meetings
• Developing legal drafts, tracking and record-keeping Letters of No
• Maintaining the register of law firms
• Conducting research on practice matters
• Process requests and maintain an inventory of requests for the
establishment of law firms
• Assist in fundraising for the Directorates' Activities.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Secretary/CEO
• Bachelor of Law degree
from a recognized
• Postgraduate Diploma in
Law from the Kenya School
• Admitted as an Advocate of
the High Court with a
minimum of 2 years postadmission experience.
• Hold a valid practicing
• Member of the Law Society
• Proficiency in computer
skills; and Communication
• Interpersonal skills
• Having experience in
investigations and litigation
will be an added advantage